Children’s Museum of Idaho
Nestled in the heart of downtown Boise, Idaho, very close to the Meridian, Idaho area, you’ll find an amazing place that adults and children of all ages are sure to love- the Children’s Museum of Idaho (CMOI). This educational institution is one of the few museums in the country dedicated solely to kids. And with its unique exhibits, activities, and programming, it’s no wonder why it has become so popular over the years.
The Children’s Museum of Idaho offers a variety of interactive and hands-on activities that make learning fun and engaging. From art classes to science labs, there’s something for everyone here. Displays like “Life On Tiger Mountain” feature real tiger specimens, while other areas allow little ones to explore everything from music composition to engineering principles. With rotating exhibits, live performances, and special events throughout the year, there’s always something new and exciting happening at CMOI.
If you’re looking for a fun way to spend a day with your family, CMOI is worth checking out! Here are some tips for planning your visit:
- Buy tickets online before you go – this will help avoid long lines on busy days!
- Bring comfortable shoes – CMOI is full of activities requiring lots of walking!
- The museum welcomes strollers, but they may not be permitted in certain areas – call ahead if you have any questions about accessibility!
- Bring lunch or snacks – there are several places nearby where you can buy food and vending machines inside the museum.
- If possible, try to schedule your visit during off-peak hours – early morning or late afternoon would be ideal times when crowds are smaller!
Located at 1050 S Mckinley St., Boise, ID 83702, The Children’s Museum Of Idaho is open Tuesday – Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm; Sunday, 12 pm – 5 pm; and closed Monday except on major holidays. Need more info? Give them a call at 208-433-0487 or visit their website, www.childrensmuseumofidaho/. Make some memories this summer – come see what all the fun is about at CMOI!