Nestled in the heart of Eagle, Id, Stephen C Guerber Park is a serene and picturesque place to spend some quality time with your loved ones. With its beautiful scenery and various amenities, it’s a great spot for a picnic, a hike, or just a quiet stroll in nature.
Named after the former Eagle mayor, Stephen C Guerber, this park is one of the most popular destinations in the area. Spread over 17 acres, it has a wide range of recreational activities for people of all ages. Whether you are a nature lover or an adventure seeker, this park has something for everyone.
Location and Directions
Stephen C Guerber Park is located at 2200 Hill Road, Eagle, Idaho. If you’re coming from Boise, take the Eagle Road exit and head north until you reach Hill Road. Turn right on Hill Road, and you’ll find the park on your left.
The Stephen C Guerber Park is a great place to relax and unwind, and there’s plenty to see and do here. Some of the most notable features of the park include:
- Playground: The park has a fantastic playground that is perfect for kids of all ages. It has slides, swings, and other fun activities to keep children entertained for hours.
- Walking Trails: The park has several walking trails that offer stunning views of the surrounding scenery. These trails are ideal for a peaceful walk or a brisk jog.
- Picnic Area: The park has a large picnic area that can accommodate groups of all sizes. Whether you’re planning a family reunion or a company picnic, this area is perfect for an outdoor gathering.
- Fishing Pond: The park has a small fishing pond that is stocked with trout and catfish. It’s a great place to teach kids how to fish or to spend a relaxing afternoon with a rod and reel.
Stephen C Guerber Park offers a wide range of activities for people of all ages. Some of the most popular activities include:
- Hiking: The park has several hiking trails that offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains and hills.
- Biking: The park has a dedicated bike path that is perfect for cycling enthusiasts. It’s a great way to explore the park and get some exercise at the same time.
- Fishing: The park has a small fishing pond that is perfect for anglers of all skill levels. You can catch trout, catfish, and other species of fish here.
- Picnicking: The park has a large picnic area that is perfect for outdoor gatherings. It’s a great place to have a family reunion, a birthday party, or a company picnic.
- Playground: The park has a great playground that is perfect for kids of all ages. It has slides, swings, and other fun activities to keep children entertained for hours.
Is Stephen C Guerber Park open year-round?
Yes, the park is open year-round, from sunrise to sunset.
Are dogs allowed in the park?
Yes, dogs are allowed in the park but must be on a leash at all times.
Is there a fee to enter the park?
No, admission to the park is free.
Can I reserve a picnic shelter in advance?
Yes, you can reserve a picnic shelter up to 12 months in advance.
Tips for Visiting Stephen C Guerber Park
Here are some useful tips to make the most of your visit to Stephen C Guerber Park:
- Dress appropriately: Depending on the season, make sure you wear appropriate clothing and footwear. If you’re visiting in the summer, make sure you wear sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Bring your own supplies: Although there are restrooms and drinking fountains available at the park, it’s always a good idea to bring your own water, snacks, and other supplies.
- Respect the environment: Make sure you follow the park rules and regulations and leave no trace. Don’t litter, damage any plants or wildlife, or disturb other visitors.
- Plan ahead: If you’re planning to have a picnic or use one of the shelters, make sure you reserve it in advance to avoid any disappointment.
Stephen C Guerber Park is a beautiful and peaceful place to spend some quality time with your family and friends. With its various amenities and recreational activities, it’s a great spot for a picnic, a hike, or just a quiet walk in nature. Whether you’re a local or a tourist, this park is a must-visit destination in Eagle, Idaho. So, pack your bags, grab your family and friends, and head over to Stephen C Guerber Park for an unforgettable outdoor adventure.